Dr. David Franks loves being an orthodontist. You’ll find his energy, sense of humor, and passion for his work infectious.
For Dr. Franks, being able to give someone the smile they’ve always wanted is his greatest reward. He enjoys meeting and building relationships with his patients and their families. Dr. Franks is a big kid at heart. He’s always eager to learn about the latest dance craze or new moves, so please share!
Dentistry runs in the Franks family. Dr. Franks’ father and grandfather were both dentists and he knew from an early age that he wanted to follow in their footsetps. After his own experience with braces, he decided to specialize in orthodontics.
Beyond the Practice
Dr. Franks, his wife Dusty, and their two sons live in upstate South Carolina. In and out of the office, Dr. Franks’ favorite hours are spent with his family. They love hiking, biking the Swamp Rabbit Trail, and paddle boarding.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science in biology – Elon University
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – Temple University Kornberg School of Dental Medicine; inducted into Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society, served on the Kornberg School of Dentistry Honors Board, graduated in top 3% of class, recipient of numerous awards
- Post-doctorate certificate in orthodontics and Master of Science in oral biology – Kornberg School of Dental Medicine
Dr. Franks is continuously learning about advancements in the orthodontic field through local, regional, and national orthodontic conferences and meetings. Staying abreast of new technologies, techniques, and research ensures he’s delivering the best orthodontic care and results to his patients.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honors Society